Monday 9 September 2013

playing with promarkers

I coloured the background for this one following a copic tutorial on youtube, and it is so hard to get a perfect colour match so it is a bit hit and miss, but I am pleased with the finished article. I love colouring stamps but often the hard work is done for you in the image, but with this background you have to get a bit arty and experiment with light and texture. I think next time I will outline the clouds in a cool grey 2, I used cool grey 4 and it is far too dark. Tbh I only used 4 because it had a fine tip on already and I was being lazy :(

I wish I could remember all the colours I used on the sky, like a numpty I didnt write it down but if I remember correctly it was denim, pastel blue and cornflower for the fluffy clouds and rockpool, duck egg and morning mist with pastel blue as the sea/horizon line. (morning mist is the one I am not 100% sure of so if you want to experiment go for it ;)

I'd like to enter this one into
graph'it markers - background effects

8 comments:

  1. great card Jo - really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and your background. I also watched the Youtube tutorial. I think I will give it a go soon. Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, definitely give it a go it is actually quite relaxing colouring fluffy clouds :) Can't wait to see your creation when you have a go x

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet card! Love the image and beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fab card, your background is really beautiful and I love that image! Thanks so much for joining us at Graph'It Colour Challenge this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so super cute! I really love the fluffy clouds you coloured up! Thanks for joining our challenge ate the Graph'it Marker blog this week!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh! Your clouds are Cayoot! Thanks so much for playing at Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful, thanks so much for joining us at Graph'It colour challenge, Karenx

    ReplyDelete